The Midnight Trinity
Welcome to the Realm of The Midnight Trinity.

I am your Illustrious Headmaster, Sakano.

A few things before we get started...

*When you Register, please bear in mind that your log in name is also your roleplaying name. Please make it appropriate. Any other names such as 'D3m0nBoi213' will NOT be accepted.

*Read The Rules BEFORE posting anywhere on the forum page.

- Sincerely yours, Headmaster Sakano

The Midnight Trinity

A haven for those outcast by society, the non-human, the undesirable, the misunderstood. While the war rages outside, is the inside really that safe?

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Posting Order

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Headmaster Sakano
Admin/Instructor
Admin/Instructor

PostSubject: Posting Order   Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Posting order is important when role playing on a forum. This unspoken rule is more specific to a topic where 2+ people are role playing.

Posting Order keeps things organized.

Here's an example of how posting order should work:
--

Joe: walks into a bar, looks around and takes a seat at the bar, calling over the bartender

Billy: follows in behind Joe, taking a seat beside him and orders a drink

Jill: walks over to the two men and takes their orders

Cassie: "Hey guys!" she strolls up beside them and greets them. "I didn't think you'd be coming tonight"

Joe: "Hey Cassie, yeah we got out of work early and decided to stop by"

Billy: "Yeah, how've you been?" he asks.

Jill: "here ya go guys, enjoy" she hands them both their orders and continues her duties.

Cassie: "Oh I've been just great! Mark and I are going on vacation next week to the Poconos!"
--

and so on and so forth. Its a pattern, obviously and again, it keeps things organized so things like this don't happen:

Joe: walks into a bar, looks around and takes a seat at the bar, calling over the bartender

Billy: follows in behind Joe, taking a seat beside him and orders a drink

Jill: walks over to the two men and takes their orders

Billy: he takes out his wallet and leaves a twenty on the counter to pay for the drinks

Joe: "You sure?" he asks, he thought he'd be paying for his own drink

Jill: "I'll be right back with your order, guys" she says going off to make the drinks.

Billy" "Yeah I'm sure, its ok" he says reassuringly.

Cassie: "Hey guys!" she strolls up beside them and greets them. "I didn't think you'd be coming tonight"

Joe: "Seriously? But you paid for it last week"

Billy: "Hey cassie, whats up?" he asks giving her a hug.

Cassie: "Oh I've been just great! Mark and I are going on vacation next week to the Poconos!"

Billy: "Yeah really, I'm sure, its ok"

Joe: "Hey cassie, yeah we decided to stop by after work. We got out a little early tonight"
--

You see how out of order and confusing it gets if you don't follow the posting order?

You want to avoid that whenever you can.

Yes, this pretty much means that you have to wait for the others in the topic to respond which I realize can be a pain. Especially if the person doesn't log on for a few days. This is another reason why I ask that ALL users remain as active as possible. Holding up a role play gets people frustrated. I realize life happens and things come up where you can't log on. That's fine. However if your going on vacation for an extended period of time, or you'll be away for more then 3 days, PLEASE post a note for everyone in the OOC Talk to let us know. Because people will just assume that your just not logging on. Be courteous to others and just leave a little notice.

I hope this helps some of you ^_^

Thank you for reading!

★¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)We come spinning out of nothingness, ★
scattering stars like dust(¸.·´ ★(¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`°¤.¸.¤ ¯`°¤.¸.¤ ¸¸.•*´¯`v´¯`*•.¸¸ ¸¸.•*´¯`v´¯`*•.¸¸★
Back to top Go down
http://midnighttrinity.forum-motion.net

Posting Order
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1